Hey everyone! Welcome back! I have a confession. I am going through a weird time in my life right now. This playlist is helping me get through. I am swinging between hurt/pain and feeling empowered. Anyone else experience this before? Or just me? Hahaha!
Anyways, here is my list of jams right now:
“Nobody Knows” Russ
“I’m the Man”50 cent
Beyonce & J Cole
“Forever Young/Halo” Beyonce & Jay Z
Over” Niykee Heaton
“Be as you
are” Mike Posner
Smile” J Cole
with your Boyfriend, I’m bored” Ariana Grande
Sweatpants” Childish Gambino
“Like I used
me” Jhene Aiko
like you used to” Kaskade feat. Cecilia Gault
Walker” Iggy Azalea
“Out of Love”
(Lose it all)” Naughty Boy feat. Beyonce and Arrow Benjamin
“Be like me” Lil Pump feat. Lil Wayne
Are you guys going through anything right now? Let me know!
“A champion is not defined by their wins but by how they can recover when they fall.”
I had a weird conversation with
one of my loved ones yesterday. Long story short, I felt weird after. I didn’t
get what I felt I needed from the conversation. I ended up feeling robbed in
Huh? What happened?
That’s when I realized this
morning that I needed validation. I was looking for her to tell me that I was
doing the right thing: to get out of a relationship I wasn’t happy in. Also, to
tell me “Good job. You are so strong for leaving a job that caused you
^^^^^^^^^^^^Guess what I didn’t
get from that conversation. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It is a fact of life that we are all doing the best we can. She didn’t know what I wanted or needed to hear. But, I did. So, why don’t I validate myself?
Truth is: I recently broke up with my boyfriend, quit my job, and have been experiencing some mental and physical health issues. In simple words “ Yeah, I’m fucking scared.”
I have been noticing that I
have been leaning too much on friends and family to make me happy at this time
of my life. Telling them the sob story that I believe about myself. The fact
that I’m in too much pain to work, too anxious to continue school, too broken
to keep my head up above water.
I don’t feel you have to believe
every day that you are going to punch the world in the face. It’s okay to have
sad days too. Anything society says about that not being okay is bull shit.
Sometimes, get your head above water just enough that your nose skims the surface. It is just a simple neck move (looking up) to be able to breathe.
Now, here are a few things I have been thinking about on how to validate yourself:
- Are you happy? If so, that’s great. If not, only you know how to make yourself happy.
- Is something inside you alive that wasn’t before? You probably are on the right path.
- What is something you have done that you are so fucking proud of? Realize that you fucking did that. No one else.
- Do you think you are enough? Of course, you are! You are a badass!
- Journal about it. If you are at peace with your decisions in life, why are you looking elsewhere?
- Are you saying “should”? If so, please drop that shit from your vocab. “Should” to me is the ultimate self-hatred word. Telling yourself, “I should go to the gym.” “I should do this.” “I should do that.” How does this thinking help you? Blah. In my past therapy groups, we weren’t allowed to say “should.” Dump it and see how you feel after.
- Are you taking the time to recognize how you feel and why? Tell yourself it is okay. It is okay to be mad, angry, depressed, sad, scared, etc. Emotions are there for a reason. Listen to them. Love yourself for having them.
- Finally, realize that you have everything you need inside of you. No need to go outward, see what is inside you and communicate with that. You got this. Look up and trust the process.
this helps! Namaste!
“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.”
― Maya Angelou
Thank you so much for dropping
in to check out what’s new!
I think it’s time to share what
this blog is about. This blog is about healing. Like everyone else in this
life, I have struggled with my mental health, relationships, and trauma.
I feel this blog is a way to
process everything and share my struggle. If I can help one person, I’d be
for this place to be safe, happy, encouraging, filled with love for everyone
who needs it. I would love for us to engage with each other and support one
I am in no way a professional,
just a young “adult” (I use that term loosely because I still like coloring and
eating cookies for dinner) figuring out life by living it. I feel we all need
support in life and it is a part of human nature to lean on each other.
I have some stuff planned
including an insight into my past, more healing music, and some guided meditation.
Please let me know what else you would like me to talk about.
No bullshit; no making
ourselves look better. We are here to show and discuss our real shit. For real
We are survivors. Don’t let
anyone take that from you. Thank you for staying tuned!
I apologize for not having any new updated posts. Being new to this, I saved them incorrectly and I’ve been trying to figure out how to copy the posts over. But they will be on here soon! Thank you for your support!
Hello Wanderers! I’ve been searching some uplifting tunes for this time in my life. Here are some of my favorites right now:
- “Battle Scars” by Lupe Fiasco
- “Praying” by Kesha
- “Learn to Let Go” by Kesha
- “Scars to your Beautiful” by Alessia Cara
- “Easier Said” by Alessia Cara
- “I Have questions” by Camila Cabello
- “Breathin’” by Ariana Grande
- “Save Myself” by Ed Sheeran
- “W.A.Y.S.” by Jhene Aiko
- “Spotless Mind” by Jhene Aiko
- “Beautiful Ruin” by Jhene Aiko
- “Gypsy” by Russ
- “Do it Myself” by Russ
- “Brave” by Sarah Bareilles
- “The Show Goes on” by Lupe Fiasco
- “Alive” by Sia
- “Guts Over Fear” by Sia and Eminem
- “Lucid Dreaming” by Tinashe
- “You Don’t Know Me” by Tinashe
- “Thunder” by Imagine Dragons
- “Sorry, Not Sorry” by Demi Lovato
What are your go- to songs that give you a pep in your step?